Follow My Book Blog Friday is hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View. The point is to follow as many book blog as you can and make new friends! As part of the adventure, she gives a weekly question. Here is this week's question:
Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you.
- My favorite reading escape is in a hot bathtub followed by my cozy bed. I cannot sleep without spending at least 15min in the pages of my current book.
- I will NEVER become a Kindle/Nook reader. Something about cracking the spine of a book for the first time and smelling that new-book smell has powerful sway over me.
- Even though I have a degree in English, I would rather read a novel than spend time pouring over tomes like Paradise Lost.
- Currently, my TBR pile is taking up several shelves on my bookcase and scattered throughout the house. However, even with this large number, I keep acquiring more books. My husband losing his job at the end of January has curbed my book buying; however, I have 5 books on hold at the library and my reading-crazy bro keeps bringing me piles of new books to read ^______^
- Quality time with my hubby is spent with both of us nose-deep in a book. We also like to read to each other.
Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy For Books. It is another cool way for readers and bloggers to connect. It is help Friday-Monday. Here is her weekly question:
- Man, that's hard to answer! Missing technology aside, I would like to by in Mercedes Lackey's world of Valdemar. Being a herald/herald-mage and having a Companion would be awesome! I love the rich scenery, the characters, etc. Plus, I admit, I still kind of hold out for Van becoming straight *innocent smile*
- If we place it in modern day, I would go for Kim Harrison's Rachel novels. If you read them, you will understand the "why" ^_~